Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
American Red Cross Seasonal Readiness Volunteer (Shelter Nurse)
American Red Cross Gold Country Region is looking for Seasonal Readiness Volunteers who can deploy to disaster shelters during the pandemic over this wildfire season. Volunteers who are trained and signed up with ARC are background checked, trained, and ready to roll out if called.
Shelter Nurses must be
1. Willing to deploy at least once this wildfire season to a shelter during the pandemic
2. Able to commit to at least five consecutive days for a deployment
3. Able to complete three and a half hours of online training
4. a license holder of the following: LVN, LPN, EMT, RN, a medical doctor (MD), DO, NP, paramedic, PA, and APRN. MAs and CNAs are not qualified to volunteer as Shelter Nurses.
Shelter Nurses are expected to
1. Undergo a 3 1/2 hour online training
2. Be available to volunteer on several consecutive days
3. Accommodate service to individuals in the shelter
4. Travel within 50 miles
5. Responder availability can be toggled on and off to accommodate life. The expectation is that you can deploy at least once this 2020 Wildfire Season.
Shift times will have a minimum of four hours up to 12 hours, depending on where and how big the disaster is.
For more information, please contact Sherilyn Bethoney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: