Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Volunteer to help Homeless and at-risk Veterans at the Yuba-Sutter Stand Down
Now more than ever Healing California need your help in providing essential dental and vision services to homeless and at-risk veterans and their families at the Yuba-Sutter Veteran Stand Down, September 11-12 at the Yuba-Sutter Fairgrounds in Yuba City.
We will be offering dental cleanings, fillings, and extractions. We will also be offering eye exams, and prescription glasses made and dispensed on site.
We provide all the equipment, supplies, logistical, and any other support our volunteers need so all you need to do is show up and use your skills, qualifications, and experience to take care of patients. The process is quick, simple, and free for both our patients and volunteers. We have morning, afternoon, or full-day shifts.
General Support: Setup, Registration, Patient Escort, Line Control, Logistic, Breakdown, escorting patients, and monitoring and enforcing the 6’ social distancing etc.,
Dental: Oral Surgeons, General Dentists, Hygienists, Assistants, and X-ray Technicians
Vision: Optometrists, Ophthalmologists, Opticians, Optometric and Ophthalmic technicians, vision lab technicians
Medical: Nurses and Licensed Vocational Nurses and EMT’s
- Enhanced social distancing measures in non-clinical areas and a reduction in individuals present within the clinic.
- A shift in the layout of our dental floor to account for greater distancing and less congregation areas.
- Improvements to our suction system, air purification, and other equipment to minimize aerosolization.
- More advanced PPE available to all volunteers including N95 masks
- Increased patient, staff, and volunteer screening.
Organization Name: Healing California
Organization Url: https://healingca.org/
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: