Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Help with Food Distribution at Potter's House Church
Potter's House Church is a ministry serving the Del Paso Heights community for more than 35 years. Our purpose is to serve, to love and to enjoy life. During this difficult time, Potter's House Church, in partnership with the Sacramento Food Bank and Family Services, has opened their sanctuary and transitioned it into a food distribution site. They are currently serving 600 people a week, but expecting to serve more as long as the stay-at-home order remains in place.
Volunteers are needed to help with food distribution. Volunteers must be strong, reliable and make people feel comfortable and unembarrassed. Volunteers are expected to:
1) practice social distancing
2) keep the distribution site clean and sanitized
3) maintain a "no shame" zone
4) be flexible with schedule when needed
5) get along well with others
6) commit to a minimum of 2 hours to volunteer
Volunteer duties include:
1) keeping the distribution center clean and sanitized
2) pass on correct information to the people being served
3) direct traffic in the drive-thru
4) prepare and assemble food boxes
5) load cars with food boxes
6) help with clean up after food distribution hours
Volunteers are needed Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am until 12:00 noon. Mondays and Wednesdays are food distribution days, while Tuesday, Thursday and Friday are assembling and food boxing days.
The minimum age is 10 with accompanying adult volunteer, and 18+ for individual volunteers. For more information, contact (916) 923-6142 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: