Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:16+
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS)!
You must use the Group Volunteer Calendar below to sign up to help! https://www.sacramentofoodbank.org/group-volunteering
Individuals can use the same calendar.
We are honored that you have chosen to share your time and skills with Sacramento Food Bank and Family Services. We know you will find your place among our family of staff and volunteers. We look forward to working in partnership with you, as we provide services to people who come to the agency for assistance. We are committed to providing you with a positive and satisfying volunteer experience, and we appreciate your efforts in supporting our work.
Volunteer ages can be 10-64 (Volunteers between the ages of 10 and 15 must volunteer with an adult) and will help with food sorting/bagging at our Food Bank Campus. At this time no orientation is required.
We're wholeheartedly committed to combating food insecurity by ensuring our community has consistent and safe access to nutritious resources. That being said, the wellbeing of our staff, clients and volunteers isn't something we take lightly, so in addition to our standard health and sanitation procedures, we have implemented the following protocol and expectations:
- All volunteers will be given a no-touch temperature check upon arrival. Volunteers with a temperature of 100.4 or above (the recommended threshold from the CDC) will be asked to leave and reschedule their shift after a minimum of 72 hours without a fever (without medication, such as Tylenol).
- All volunteers are required to properly wear a face covering during their shift at all locations. Unfortunately, volunteers without a face covering will not be allowed to work their shift and will be asked to leave. At this time, we can provide mask to you if you do not have one of your own.
- Providing hand washing station – Please wash your hands upon arrival. Hand washing should last at least 20 seconds under warm water.
- Providing Protective Gear – We have hand sanitizer located throughout our Food Bank facility. We also have gloves available for volunteers during their shift
- Deep cleaning – Food Bank staff are continuously doing deep cleanings at all our volunteer locations.
- Eliminating Handshakes and hugs – Sorry. Air elbow bumps are welcomed!
- Social distancing: accommodations are in place to allow volunteers to perform their duties with reasonable social distancing.
- Stay Healthy – If you are feeling under the weather, we ask that you cancel your registration and come back and visit us when you feel better.
We recommend that individuals who are at high risk of contracting viruses or live with/care for someone in this category refrain from volunteering. If you are sick, please cancel your shift - any volunteer that is showing signs of illness will be asked to leave and return when well.
*Please note at this time, Sacramento Food Bank and Family Service (SFBFS) is unable to validate court-appointed volunteer hours.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: