Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:16+
West Coast Basketball Association Fall Volunteer Application
Thank you for applying for the Volunteer Sports Program position with Hands On Sacramento partnered directly with West Coast Youth Sports Inc (WCYSI) and West Coast Basketball Association (WCBA), their basketball league sports program. We have 12-15 volunteer positions available that start August 24th, ending on June 1st, 2020. We offer a $120 stipend per completed season.
- Come early to Saturday WCBA basketball league games to assist with set-up.
- Games are located in the Greater Sacramento Area (Elk Grove, Natomas, Sacramento and Rancho Cordova).
- Manage the clock and score during league games.
- Manage taking basic stats during league games.
- Manage checking in athletes prior to league games.
- Provide clean-up and basic service support during league games.
- Promote program and events via social media, word of mouth, community events, etc..
- Help with various game day data entry and management.
- Provide support to WCBA staff members.
- Recruit volunteers.
- Must have a flexible schedule, specifically be available Saturdays which is game day for the league, less Holidays.
- Average about 8 hours a week during the basketball league season. 3 seasons are projected yearly.
• Demonstrated reliability and engagement with prior volunteer or other like programs.
• Great at time management and organized.
• Access to computer and internet to complete work. Has access to social media, and uses it appropriately.
• Ability to get to meetings, league games, and other locations using all means.
• Good communication skills.
• Can take direction and constructive feedback, and be a self-starter/initiator when direction is not available or given.
• Understands boundaries when working with peers, leadership, customers and parents during league games.
• Quick on feet, ability to come up with solutions and workarounds with leadership collaborations as appropriate.
• Understands you represent WCYSI and WCBA and must act accordingly, even in your personal life.
• Able to check email regularly and responds in a timely fashion daily.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: