How You Can Help
You can donate online easily by clicking below to visit Community Link’s donation page and choosing “Project Birthday” where it asks which program to support.
Individual donations can also be made out to Community Link, by noting “Project Birthday” on the 'for/memo' line of your check and mailing it to:
Community Link/HandsOn Sacramento
c/o Goodwill Industries / Sacramento Valley Northern Nevada
8001 Folsom Boulevard, Suite 100
Sacramento, CA 95826
If you’re unable to attend a party and/or want to contribute in other ways, here is what we are in need of on a consistent basis:
- Cakes or cupcakes – store-bought only, please
- Ice Cream
- Beverages – Juice boxes and Capri-suns (or the larger sized plastic containers of juice, punch, soda (non-caffeine) or fruit drinks)
- Children’s Gifts – Brand-new toys or clothes for children of all ages (sorry, we do not accept used items)
- Teen Gifts – Pizza gift cards, movie ticket gift cards, teen DVDs (G, PG, or PG 13 only), or family games (ages 10+).
- Gift Cards to Department, Grocery, or Party Supply Stores
- Party Decorations and Supplies – We can use your leftovers so don’t throw them out.
- Party favor goodie bags
Project Birthday volunteers meet one hour prior to the party start time in order to set up and decorate the party room, assemble goodie bags and wrap the birthday gifts if needed, and set up activities and party games.
Our parties start off with the children doing craft activities, games, or entertainment. We ask all the volunteers to assist the children with the activities. After that, we sing happy birthday to the birthday children and they blow out their candles. The partygoers are seated and the cake and punch are served by volunteers. When everyone is finished eating, the birthday gifts are given. Each partygoer receives a party favor goodie bag. Each party lasts about an hour, and cleanup takes about 10-15 minutes. Also, please remember, like any kid's birthday party, just have fun and go with the flow!
Project Birthday is always looking for volunteers and/or sponsors for our monthly parties, Birthday in a Box kit, and storage clean-up. Please check the HandsOn Superior California website for upcoming opportunities.
Give. Advocate. Be our Volunteer!