Sacramento Regional Emergency Food & Shelter
Fund Request for Applications
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Friday, May 18 at 5:00 pm
The Local Board of the Sacramento Regional Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) invites any nonprofit, faith-based or local government agency that is currently providing food and shelter services in response to the COVID-19 impact in their communities. The Sacramento EFSP Board has been awarded CARES Act funding for Sacramento County ($771,687.00) and Yolo County ($131,837).
Additional information regarding EFSP CARES is available by clicking on the following link: FY 2019-2020 Funding Info Tab, which features a webinar, overview, and Guidance for the new EFSP CARES funds. Additional information will be added to the website as needed to help participants with questions they may have. EFSP funds must be used to supplement existing food and shelter services and may not be used as seed money.
EFSP CARES FUNDS CAN BE USED FOR:
EFSP funds must be used to supplement food and shelter services and may not be used as seed money for new programs. The key responsibility of participating organizations is to provide assistance within the intent of the program. EFSP funding can only be used to supplement existing programs/services that your agency/FBO is already providing to the community. Per national guidelines, these funds may not be used to start a new program or provide a new service. Agencies may receive funds to provide food, shelter, and supportive services, including, but not limited to:
- Food services, such as congregate meals or groceries;
- Lodging in a mass shelter, or in a hotel/motel or other off-site shelter facility limited to 30-days assistance per individual or household;
- One month rent or mortgage assistance to prevent eviction or foreclosure;
- Utility assistance for one month of service for gas, electric and water service;
- Supplies, including but not limited to cleaning supplies, and small equipment essential to feed or shelter people, not exceeding $300 per item
Attach and submit EFSP CARES Fund pdf Application to:
- Valeri Mihanovich, Sacramento Region Emergency Food & Shelter Program Board Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be sure to put “RE: EFSP CARES Application” in the subject line.
- Applications are due by Monday, May 18, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Applications are reviewed and scored by the Sacramento Region Emergency Food & Shelter Local Board, taking into consideration agency qualifications and past performance in the use of EFSP grants, when applicable.
- Agencies will be notified by email of the application outcome.
- Nonprofit, faith-based, and governmental organizations that provide food, shelter, and supportive services within the intent of the program
- Past EFSP participation is not a requirement
- Submit applications to the Local Board for funding.
- Must have a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) Number- http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform
- Must have a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) - http://www.irs.gov
- Maintain a checking account in the organization’s name for EFSP deposits
- Pay vendors directly within 90 days for services provided
- Submit required reports
- Any agency that is awarded funds that participated in the EFSP in the past and has outstanding compliance exceptions must resolve them prior to the release of funds.