Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Girl Scouts Event Support Volunteer - STEM Center Make-a-Palooza
Making change in communities takes many forms! At this event, Girl Scouts will explore how others are making change with art, design, tech and science and how they can, too. There will be several hands-on activities to spark girls' curiosity and creativity. Volunteers are needed to assist in leading activities throughout the day, help with event set-up, check in and clean up, and ensure girls have the highest quality experience at this event.
The GSHCC STEM Center + MakerSpace is a place where girls can incorporate scientific discovery in their lives. Activities will focus on three key aspects of STEM: Engineering, Programming, and Biology & Environmental Science. The center also includes a MakerSpace that encourages the use of design thinking and collaborative problem solving. Through a variety of cooperative learning opportunities and hands-on experimentation, girls will hone key STEM-related skills such as creativity, innovation, critical thinking and problem solving all while having fun and gaining confidence. Plus, they’ll learn about STEM careers and meet female STEM professionals while they’re at it.
- Experience working with children ages 5-18, helpful but not necessary
- Can lift a minimum of 5 pounds
- Punctual, dependable, enthusiastic, flexible and positive attitude
General event support, including:
- Running STEM & Maker activities for girls ages 5-18
- Help with event set-up/clean-up
- Welcome girls at the check-in area
- Replenish supplies throughout the day
- Pass out snacks and water to girls and their families
- Direct event traffic and parking
Benefits of volunteering in this role:
- Gain experiencing in facilitating and leading group activities for children
- Work in a diverse setting with an emphasis on building girls’ knowledge of sciences, technology and maker skills
- Have fun while providing educational enrichment for girls
- Develop child and interpersonal communication skills
- Celebrate and support a new community resource available to Sacramento-area girls
- Students: This position is eligible for community service hours (Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.)
Girl Scouts Heart of Central California – STEM Center + MakerSpace, Sacramento, CA
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: