Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Walk to End Alzheimer's Committee Sponsorship Chair Position
The Sponsorship Chair serves as the primary lead for recruiting new sponsors to the event, as well as strengthening relationships with existing ones. This position will assist with assembling a Subcommittee that will identify opportunities to engage the business community in the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association and participate in Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of business and community resources.
- Well-connected in the corporate community and willing to ask others to support the cause.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain long-lasting relationships with local companies.
- Comfortable asking for large monetary contributions.
- Work with the Event Chair, Co-Chair and Staff Partner to develop a plan to meet all sponsor recruitment, retention and revenue goals.
- Recruit and train members of the Sponsorship Subcommittee, whose primary responsibility is to manage sponsor recruitment and retention.
- Oversee Sponsorship Subcommittee meetings/check-ins to monitor progress and ensure everyone is on target to meet their goals.
- Work with Subcommittee members to secure renewals from previous sponsors.
- Help Subcommittee members compile a list of potential sponsors and develop strategies for engagement.
- Assist in securing in-kind donations and media sponsors.
- Work with other committee members, such as logistics and marketing, to ensure sponsorship benefits are met both prior to and on event day.
- Take steps to ensure an excellent Walk-day experience for sponsors.
- Conduct a post-event proof of performance meeting with each sponsor to ensure proper support, obtain feedback and discuss future engagement.
- Ensure that all sponsors and Sponsorship Subcommittee members are appropriately recognized.
- Have a willingness to learn about and support the Alzheimer’s Association and its mission.
- Make necessary time commitment.
- Complete the Partnership Agreement with the Event Chair and Staff Partner.
- Be an active participant on our online community, Walk Central.
- Adhere to the Walk timeline and continually report progress to the Event Chair.
Exhibit enthusiasm and show appreciation to your subcommittee members when achieving event goals.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: