Inspire. Equip. Mobilize.
Hands On Sacramento (HOS) was created in 1998 as a program of Community Link (formerly Community Services Planning Council) in response to the community's need for a full‐service volunteer action center. Founding volunteers wanted to create social change through volunteerism and education, believing that each person's involvement will make a real difference in our community.
We now serve the entire Sacramento region with over 16,000 registered volunteers and 300 non-profits. As a leading volunteer agency in the Sacramento region and proud member of the Hands On Network, our commitment to innovative social change is demonstrated through our many roles in the community. These include:
- Connecting individuals and groups to volunteer opportunities through our online matching system.
- Offering support and training to non-profit organizations that endeavor to provide more meaningful volunteer experiences, increase capacity and meet more community needs.
- Providing volunteer management services for large scale community events and corporate volunteer days.
- Hosting the Sacramento Region Corporate Volunteer Council, where corporate representatives come together to share knowledge and build networks for employee volunteerism and social responsibility in business.
- Coordinating several “Days of Service” that bring up to 700 volunteers together to celebrate community and assist non-profits in need.
- Serving as the Emergency Volunteer Center in times of disaster.